As the New Year begins, it is important to consider the new trends for the upcoming year. So, if you are going to be throwing any parties this year, you should consider the party trends of 2018. When it comes to trends, they come and go, but it is always a good idea to try to incorporate the New Year’s trends into your theme whenever possible. It shows that you are in touch with what is going on in the world around you – that you are hip and modern.
So, without further ado, here are six 2018 party trends that you may want to consider incorporating into some of the parties that you are putting together this year:
- Navy – While the nautical theme has become quite popular in the past year or two, it doesn’t mean that you necessarily have to use it in order to incorporate navy into your party. Navy is one of the most versatile colors, and it is can be implemented into a variety of party themes.
- Metals – While rose gold and copper have been the two most popular metals as of late, it looks as those 2018 is the year for chrome and silver! If you are looking to use navy as a color for your party, both of these metals would complement navy very well and would allow you to create quite the dashing party. If you have some items that you can repurpose, spray paint works fabulously to turn into another color, so keep that in mind!
- Translucent – See-through and acrylic seem to be breaking through in 2018. “Ghost chairs,” which are just translucent chairs, are going to be a big thing this year, so you may want to check into those for your upcoming party. However, you can get just about everything in translucent, including serving trays, bowls, and more.
- Bohemian – The bohemian style is a very unique, versatile style that can allow you to put your own personal twist on it. As a general rule, it features lots of flowers, arrows, feathers, dream catchers, lace, wood grain details, teepees, etc. It is very down-to-earth, simple, chic and classic. Some would describe it as “gypsy”.
- Woodsy – Keep in mind that there is a big difference between woodsy and rustic, so don’t get them confused. Woodsy refers to greenery, moss and wooden accents. This trend is very earthy.
- Desserts – Ah, who doesn’t love desserts? And there can’t be a party without desserts anyway, right? However, it appears that desserts are all-in this year – cupcakes, cookies, pies, puddings, and more!
Trends are just trends, of course. You can jump on board with everyone else and choose to incorporate them into your party or you can choose to be unique and go your own way. Whatever the case may be, we can help ensure that your party is a success with all the party supplies that you need. Come by Top Flight in Kansas City or give us a call and we’ll help get you set up!